- Vale do Rio Pinhão; Cheires – Alijó
- Luís Leocádio
Parcels of vines situated on the steep slopes of the River Pinhão at an altitude of 150-400 m, with poor, stony schistose soil; low yielding vines with grapes of high concentration and quality.
Traditional to the Douro, where Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca and Sousão predominate.
Fermentation in granite tanks and trodden by foot. Blend of various wines aged in French oak casks for a minimum of twenty years.
Golden colour with orangey nuances. Intense and complex aroma with grapefruit, plum, almond, coffee, iodine and cedar. Smooth and dry to the mouth with a great persistence of dried fruits and mature fruits.
Service and harmonization
Abade de Priscos pudding, dried fruits, simply or in desserts, ice creams. 14º-18ºC
Awards and Prizes
- 6th International Wine Competition - Paris - FRANCE
- Brussels World Competition 2000 - BELGIUM
- VII ACIC Wine Competition 2005 - PORTUGAL
- II City of Oporto International Wine Competition - PORTUGAL
- 10th International Vins de Montagne Competition - CERVIM - ITALY
- VIII ACIC Wine Competition - PORTUGAL
- Wine Masters Challenge 2000 - PORTUGAL
- 14th International Oenologic Competition – Vinitaly 2007
- International Oenologic Competition - Vinitaly 2006 - ITALY