- Vale do Rio Pinhão; Cheires – Alijó
- Luís Leocádio
Parcels of vines situated on the steep slopes of the River Pinhão at an altitude of 150-400 m, with poor, stony schistose soil; low yielding vines with grapes of high concentration and quality.
Traditional to the Douro, where Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca and Sousão predominate.
Selected and chosen from the best plots of our already older vines. Fermentation in granite tanks and trodden by foot. Blend of various wines aged in oak casks throughout a minimum of 30 years.
Amber in colour. Very intense and elegant aroma featuring vanilla, caramel, moka, varnish and cinnamon. Satiny to the mouth, with a pleasing freshness enveloped in dried fruits for a sublime finish!
Service and harmonization
Strong and intense cheeses, as a digestif with an expresso or in the company of a cigar. 16º-18ºC.
Awards and Prizes
- 11º International Vins de Montagne Competition – CERVIM – ITALY
- Wine Master Chalenge 2006 – VIII World Wine Competition – PORTUGAL
- Brussels World Competition 2012
- III City of Oporto International Wine Competition – Portugal
- 1st National Bottled Wines Competition – Portugal
- ACIC Competition – Portugal