- Vale do Rio Pinhão; Cheires – Alijó
- Luís Leocádio
Parcels of vines situated on the steep slopes of the River Pinhão at an altitude of 150-400 m, with poor, stony schistose soil; low yielding vines with grapes of high concentration and quality.
Traditional to the Douro, where Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca and Sousão predominate.
Chosen and selected from the best plots of our already older vines. Fermentation in granite tanks and trodden by foot. A rare blend of wines aged in French oak barrels for no less than forty years.
Golden in colour with yellow and green hues. Aroma of incredible power, in which clove, cinnamon, liquorice, walnut, hazelnut, toasted coffee and vinegar predominate. The mouth is swept by flavours of spices, with great persistence and layers.
Service and harmonization
On your own or in the company of a good conversation, as a digestif with an expresso or to properly accompany a cigar. 14º-18ºC.
Awards and Prizes
- City of Oporto International Wine Competition - PORTUGAL
- Brussels World Competition 2012
- Wine International 2002 - Paris - FRANCE
- Wine Master Challenge 2006 – VIII World Wine Competition - PORTUGAL