- Vale do Rio Pinhão; Cheires – Alijó
- Luís Leocádio
Parcels of vines situated on the steep slopes of the River Pinhão at an altitude of 150-400 m, with poor, stony schistose soil; low yielding vines with grapes of high concentration and quality.
Traditional to the Douro, where Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca and Sousão predominate.
Chosen and selected from the best plots. Fermentation in granite tanks and trodden by foot. Blend of various wines aged in oak casks for a minimum of ten years.
Golden red colour. Elegant and complex aroma, marked by mature fruit, preserves and dried fruit, with hints of vanilla, currants and jams. Vinous to the mouth, with fresh fruit, smooth and woody.
Service and harmonization
Orange cake, sweet egg desserts, crème brûlée, chestnuts, egg pudding. 16º-18ºC.
Awards and Prizes
- I ACIC Wine Competition - PORTUGAL
- Brussels World Competition 2001 - BELGIUM
- III International Vins de Montagne Competition - CERVIM - ITALY
- 10th International Vins de Montagne Competition - CERVIN - ITALY
- III ACIC Wine Competition – PORTUGAL